Stress causes the body to release more Adrenaline which contributes to higher blood pressure and a weaker immune system. It can lead to physical and mental problems in the long run.
These 5 ideas can help you manage your stress levels
- Keep a stress journal which will help you identify the causes of stress and what helps you to overcome them
- Get some exercise because it releases endorphins that help you feel good and takes your mind away from stress
- Form social connections – Being around friends and family takes your mind off the stress. If you can’t meet in-person, try to have regular phone calls or video chats with the people you care about
- Practice self-care everyday – Take regular breaks, find a hobby and make time to do something you enjoy every day. Laughing helps your body reduce the effects of stress – so laugh more often
- Maintain work-life balance – manage your time, do not over-schedule yourself, prioritize your tasks and don’t hesitate to delegate
Finally, if you’re feeling overwhelmed, it may be time to speak with a physician: download the SaluberMD app to connect with a physician in real time, from the comfort of your home.